Online Reputation Management: It is always vital to know what the public says about your company. While some may like you, others may have a negative grudge on you. A company stands for its Brand name and if that is already damaged by some individual or a group of individuals, your business seems to be almost ruined.
Online Reputation Management in simple terms is the practice of monitoring your online reputation, which is a continuous process that goes on and on. Business running online take feedback from the users or customers. Some say good, some make you excellent & some may just charge on you with unprofessional words. You might also see them posting negative about you on consumer forums or public complaint boards online. Now, what happens next is, when someone searches for your company name on a search engine like Google, your url appears with those negative comments on the very same page. Just above or below your company’s url. Many firms are selective about clients they accept. For example, they may avoid individuals that committed violent crimes that are looking to push information about their crimes lower on search results.
Remember, its takes a long time to build a brand name, spending lot of money, and a single negative review may spoil all your effort. So how do you fix it ? Well, we are here to help you with the same.
Why would someone intentionally damage your reputation ?
Your reputation may be damaged by various group of individuals. The answer to this might be some or all of the following reasons:-
- An Interviewee: A guy who appeared for an interview in your company, but was rejected
- An Ex-employee: Who may be having some grudge or frustration for the company which he couldn’t blast out while he/she was employed there
- Your Competitors: Who might be trying to bring down your business name
- Online Blackmailers: A few guys do the job of posting negative comments about a reputed company. When the company approaches for removal of such comments, they are charged with huge sums of money
What the users see on Google are organic search search results. Google search algorithm always targets the efforts of online reputation management when displaying the results. So, if ORM is not a part of your activities besides search engine optimization, your business might be effected adversely. It might be one of the vital reasons for your company to suffer from losses.
After all, everybody has the freedom of expression and it is okay to express what they think about your company. So, on one hand it is impossible to stop people from posting negative, but it is always possible to wipe out such negative comments through SEO and ORM.
Activities we conduct in Online Reputation Management
- Carrying out search engine optimization for your most visited web pages, using white-papers and positive customer testimonials to push down the negative content
- Check your inbound links with trackback feature & improve tagging of your name, product materials
- Publishing original, positive websites and social media profiles, with the aim of outperforming negative results in a search
- Submitting online press releases to authoritative websites in order to promote brand presence and suppress negative content
- Submitting legal take-down requests if someone believes they have been libeled
- Getting mentions of the business or individual in third-party sites that rank highly in Google
- Creating fake blogs pretending to be a different person that shares the same name in order to push down negative search results on the actual person or brand
- Using spam bots and denial-of-service attacks to force sites with damaging content off the web entirely
- Astroturfing third-party websites by creating anonymous accounts that create positive reviews or lash out against negative ones
- Proactively offering free products to prominent reviewers
- Proactively responding to public criticism stemming from recent changes
Ethical Online Reputation Management
Webinova practices only ethical online reputation management techniques and strategies. Practicing ethical ways of online reputation management ensures that your website has a visibility in organic Google search results and your site will never be rejected from Google indexing or crawling. Ethical ORM assures that your website is never under the blacklisted sites of Google’s directory.